Thursday, June 25, 2009
I love LOVE this colour scheme, the purples and pinks on white...and the cupboard skirts!
I love how full this one is, and the table is great...
Who knew I liked flowered wallpaper?!
This one is really neat, love all the botany stuff.
This one is a bit too new and rich looking for me, but I like the colour scheme.
Dan is sooo installing a sink like this for us when we get a house!
I LOVE this room, how everything is painted white and the bed is tucked underneath...
I'm making a fabric banner, that's all there is to it.
This is what I wanted to do to my kitchen!
I've been pretty lazy this week and I will admit that it's because of the weather (or I'll blame my laziness on it, whichever.)
[The ever convenient] Randoms:
-Shimi got on our garage roof the other day. She was going to jump off, so I had to lure her to the other side and grab her. Yeah, she's my baby. Or I guess now it's more like my curious toddler.
-I've been sporting my contacts for about a week, and I'm liking it, despite the fact that my eyes feel gunky all the time. Hopefully once I get used to them that will stop. Still blood-shot, but that will never go away I guess. I blame the Marfan.
-We are almost done watching the 1st Season of Mad Men, and I love it. Sooo wanting to be a housewife. Except one with a brain and who doesn't take crap from her cheating husband. Best line from the show so far:
[Some Executive, when referring to Peggy, a secretary who pitched a slogan for a lipstick ad]: "It's like watching a dog play piano."
-I'm also over halfway done the 4th Season of LOST. It's the best show there is. Period.
-A co-worker loaned me this book, and I must say it's quite funny. Or should I say its quite funny? (PS-I know which one it is, and I can't understand how some people don't!)
-I finished painting my kitchen over the weekend, now I just need to do the dishes so that I can take some pictures. Ha! It's a lot lighter than the awful lime green it was, so I'm happy about that, but I'm not happy because I basically reverted it back to the colour it was when we moved in. Still, it looks different because of the white cabinets and pictures/decorations I'm putting up. My handy hubby also put up a nice curtain rod, and I thrifted an old tablecloth that I'm going to turn into a valance. Something like this (with the pom poms too, I like it!)
I also painted on a chalkboard on the end of one of the cupboard and I LOVE it. It was hard for me not to go chalkboard crazy! I may someday do something like this to my desk, though I doubt it would be quite as cute. Or paint an entire wall in my kitchen. For my next home maybe :)
-Speaking of decor, here's some eye candy I found from Hidden in France's Flickr photostream.
-I haven't scrapped at all lately, just haven't been feeling it, but I printed off a picture on my home printer (not so great, but eh), so I'll probably have something to post later this weekend.
-Having a Skype date with Jelena tonight, can't wait to talk to her, it's only about 6 weeks left until my trip!!
Well I suppose that's all, life is moving on, I'm working on my proofreading and photoshopping skills, taking it slow but also trying to take it seriously. Reading some older articles from Zen Habits is really helping me out, keeping me inspired and motivated.
What have been your 'randoms' this week?
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Pity comments welcome.
Long Term Forecast Updated: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 11:00 ADT
|Light rain||Light rain||Cloudy with showers||Light rain||Cloudy with showers|
|Wind||E 25 km/h||NE 15 km/h||SE 15 km/h||W 10 km/h||SW 15 km/h|
|24-Hr Rain||20-30 mm||10-15 mm||5-10 mm||close to 5 mm||2-4 mm|
Friday, June 19, 2009
- I WILL paint my nails black
- I will take pictures of my new pedicure (!) and my new eyes (well, my new sans-glasses eyes)
- I will ooooh and ahhhh over these fabrics I got in the mail yesterday:
Monday, June 15, 2009
Since nothing monumental has been going on with us lately, it's time for a random-little-nothings-post that captures my life in all of its un-exciting glory...and I enjoy it.
woah, that was totally mushy and out of the blue. Geez, a boy takes you out to get sticky buns one day and you become a big pile of goo!] Anyway, there's also our Shimi-kins, she's getting so big and independant now! Not that that stops her from demanding our attention from time to time, but for the most part, she's out on her own. I love following her around and observing her adventures in the yard though, too cute and funny. She's also my primary model these days, which is ok, since she's quite pretty :)
-I've been scrapping a little bit lately, the mojo seems to have returned to its normal state, so I'm happy about that. I'm running a bit low on pictures, but in a way that's good, it's forcing me to scrap some pictures that I've had forever, like the one of Judah above. I've been meaning to do some pages about him but I always put it off, so I'm glad that I finally got around to it. I used a Pencillines sketch, as always, love those!
The 2nd layout has been lying on my desk for a few weeks and I finally just finished it. It was one of thoooose. Anyway, it's for my sister's wedding album, all about her gorgeous dress (that she wanted to trade in for a 90$ dress from Le Château. Yep, that's Daf.)
I also did another 52Q card, which is my go-to project when I'm not sure what I want to create, they are so fun and liberating. This was an old question, and a simple one: How do you feel today? That day (and most days actually), I was feeling up and down, happy then sad, excited then bored, satisfied then miserable. This is how I am now, so I thought I'd better document it.
This week I reeeeally need to get to work on finishing my 365 book, it's so close to being done, I just need to do a bit of computer work, scan some pages to post and then I can put it away! Also, print some pictures, as mentioned above. Especially some of Dan.
-This past Saturday evening, after a long bout of bad weather, the sun finally came out, it was warm, and it became summer all of a sudden, so Dan and I went for a walk and got an Iced Capp from Tim's to share. There's a little park in our neighbourhood that belongs to the nearby Catholic church, and it's so peaceful and pretty in there. There's a Virgin Mary statue placed in the middle of the square, and little benches all around her with flowerbeds and shrubs. It's one of my favourite places to be. My entire neighbourhood is enchanting in the evening, I love it, and will miss it when we move.
-I'm diggin' this picture I took lately. Not sure why...I'm trying to take more pictures and get more practise, and since at the moment I don't have any models (besides the fur kind), I take pictures of flowers. Can't wait to get a real shoot done though, hopefully next month!Breaking Bad, we're all caught up for when the 3rd Season starts this year. If you haven't seen this show yet go watch it NOW. It's amazing and so well done, I can't stop thinking about it. We're now starting to watch Mad Men, which I hear is also quite good, so I can't wait to get into that. I'm enjoying having these shows to watch with Dan, I don't like watching TV generally but this is ok, we can choose what to watch and when to watch it. I may also get into True Blood, been hearing some good things about it. Any watchers out there?
-I went thrifting on Saturday and scored big-time! I got 1 pair of pants, 4 shirts, a shirt for Dan, a pair of shoes and a new bathmat. Loves. Pics to follow perhaps, if I remember to switch my lens...
-I'm currently re-reading Catch 22 and am in love with Yossarian again. Who wouldn't be?!
-I'm currently listening (pretty non-stop) to the new Dave album. So glad that they came out with someone new, and something better than anything they've done in years. I'm quite enjoying this Dave phase I'm in, they are becoming few and far between, so I take advantage while I can. Favourite tracks include Funny the Way it Is, Time Bomb and Squirm (also, You and Me for a romance song...)
-My sister found this house on MLS and said it's her dream house. I can totally see it, isn't it so cute?! There's a chicken coop and everything. Perfection.
Well that was pretty random, right? I'll be back this week with maybe some less random news to report, or some inspiration to show off at least.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
2. Lobster: Our whole reason for going home was to have a lobster boil, something my dad has usually 2-3 times a year. He goes down to the shore somewhere and usually buys them right off the boat, 20 pounds or so, but this year he got them in Alma, Fundy Park, but they were still delicious. Though I still really feel bad for them when they are put into the boiling water, you can hear them screaming almost...but they are tasty! Of course Félix had to check them out before we cooked them:
3. Dog Party: On Sunday afternoon my sister invited some of her friends who own dogs out to Sussex Corner to have a "dog party". There isn't an official dog park in Sussex so my sister decided to try and start one herself. We went to an outdoor rink, and it was perfect because it was big and flat enough for the dogs to run around in, but they were enclosed so they couldn't get too far. About 5 dogs came out, and they all had a great time. My sister is having another "dog party" next Sunday, it may become a weekly thing, which is super fun. And the best part? This couple was walking by with their dog and asked if they could join us...we didn't see what kind of dog it was until they opened the fence, and we saw it was a Greyhound! I had never seen or been around one before so it was cool to see him up close, and he was suuuuuch a nice dog, makes me think of getting one someday. His name was Lincoln, isn't he cute?!
5. Kitty: The only bad thing about the weekend (and it was truly sad), was that my sister's cat, Grisou/Kitty, was hit by a car. They found him on the side of the road Saturday afternoon and he was pretty banged up, but they watched him all night and he seemed to get a little bit better. No bones were broken and he didn't appear to have any major bleeding, so they let him sleep and gave him water and he seems to be on the mend. Thank goodness though, I don't even want to think about what could of happened, poor Kitty. My sister and her husband love that cat so so much that it would have been devastating to them (the same as if Quincy were hit). The last I heard he was drinking YOPS (his favourite apparently) and had his eyes open much more, so I think that he's going to be ok. Still, it put a damper on the whole weekend, my sister and her husband didn't want to leave his side so they missed out on lobster and, except for the dog party and a few errands, they didn't leave him.
(Shot in Manual, I really need to do this more...)
Well that's it for me. There's really not much going on this week with us, so I won't have much to say I doubt, but I did get some new Thickers and paper, I have a few pages on the go right now so hopefully I can show those later this week (if I can become a little bit productive, I've been so lazy lately!)
Until then, ciao!
Ps-Yesterday was exactly 2 MONTHS until Italy!!