Thursday, April 24, 2008

Even the last of the blue-eyed babies know...

"Who's Missing?"

1st off: Iron and Wine-Innocent Bones. Awesome song. Love it.


Ok, so this flu has kept me pretty much on the downlow all week, which has been sucky, but I'm starting to come out of it (just the irritating hack left), so I should be on the mend soon. Woo!


Other woo? LOST is on in an hour!! Woo!!


Another woo? I got some projects started, and got an awesome new treat tonight at Micheals (sigh, I can't go there without buying something it seems...) Anyway, here are a few pics of my pretties:


This is the idea I had mentioned a little bit ago, I saw it on Etsy and thought it was neat, since I wasn't really sure what to do with this tin I got in my Paper Posies kit...anyway, used my ole contact paper and Dymo (like always), some letter stickers from my kit, Hello Kitty sticker from Wal Mart and there you have it. Used a piece of folded kraft paper for the inside, gonna print some mini pics of me and have some fun, might try and use some paints/stamps, clippings, whatever...that's what I love about these little minis and alterables, you can do whatever you want!






Here's the cover of the "clean and classic" mini I'm doing, it's kind of a 5 year anniversary thing for me and hubs, since June 1st is our 5 year anniversary of being together, so it's all about him. I hope to finish it this weekend, I'm about half finished the pages now, so not much left to do. It's hard being so restrained, I'm not sure if I'm doing it well, but it's important to try new things, and non cluttered is definitnely hard for me!






Now, on to the treat...has anyone seen the new Urban Rhapsody collection from K&Co? Sooo cool, I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it (I'm an old K&Co fan, I can't help it!). Anyway, all the coordinates are super cool and cute too, but then I saw this mini book pack and just had to have it! It's really cute, the mini is kind of like a journal, there are lined sheets and clear pages, and it's just big enough to fit a little wallet print in there, but I'm not sure what I want to do yet...since it's a "Favourites" book, I might do quotes or lyrics or something like that. Can't wait! (And I know it's all pre-fab and not super inventive to use a pre-made mini, but whatev, sometimes you just gotta do what you love!)**




**ASIDE: Is there any "old school" scrapbook stuff that you still use? Sometimes I feel like we have to be so outside of the box all the time, that using Chatterbox, or K&Co, or anything older than a year or non vintage is considered too "Scrapbook Sally" or something...I don't know, I have a scrapbook identity crisis going on I think, ignore me and my rants.


Well gotta go to the Island (I'm such a dork, but I love Jack!) Heading to my parents' place tomorrow, hoping to take lots of pics and be outside a lot, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!


One final thing: I want this dresser. Bad. Saw it on Kijiji, and I can just see it being all kinds of cool in my new place :)


Night! xox

No comments: