Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Random Thoughts, on July 2nd, 2008

1. Man I need to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spoteless Mind again, that movie is awesome. Now that's a real romantic comedy.
***
2. Hmm, feeling kinda blah right now, not sure what to make of it... paranoia mostly, some loneliness thrown in there with some uncertainty for good measure...I'm just trying to make things right and I'm not sure if it's working....it's hard to talk about.
***
3. (Related to point #2) I know that alot of people lately (like this gal, and this lovely lady) have been talking about their blogs and making them more personal, blogs that are for THEM and not for the people that are reading them. And how it's hard. Well I totally agree. It's really hard to put it all out there, to express how you really feel, and not just be all happy-let's-post-pictures-of-pretty-rooms all the time. Life's not just about paper and glue and nice furniture. There are people too. People who matter. LIFE. But I'm getting off on a rant. These girls have really made me think about my blog and, even though I still enjoy blogging and my blog the way it is (mostly fluff, let's face it), I think that I need to try and go a little deeper sometimes as well, I need to get stuff out sometimes, and I'm just going to have to take the plunge and go for it, and whatever comes of it will come of it, you know? (I know there's an option to block, but honestly, I don't want to get into that, and really, I don't know how, ha.)
***
4. Speaking of getting it out there, I really love Kate's practise of journaling on the back of every one of her 365s, to remember how she was feeling that day, where she was and how she was doing. I love that idea. I think that my next techie investment is going to be a photo printer (any suggestions??), so that I can print my 365s and journal on the back of them as well, then keep them all in an album, so that I can also look back and see how I was, what I was doing and how I was feeling that day, goofy, silly, serious or blank. So, sorry Kate, I'm stealing another idea of yours! (But really, how can you not when she rocks so much?!)
***
5. Lately I've also been thinking about my artisitic goals and what I'd like to acheive with my scrapbooking. I'm finding that lately, I am scrapping for others, if that makes any sense. Scrapping a certain way because I think that's what people will like. Scrapping just so that I can be in Challenges and, well, to be honest, win. Be acknowledged. Be chosen. Be "special". Be part of the "cool kids' club". But, frankly, it's starting to get to me. I'm not enjoying myself anymore, and I am let down everytime I see that I, in fact, am not part of the elite bunch of talent that's out there. Then I get discouraged and start hating my work. But you know what? I just need to suck it up and get on with it. Stop scrapping for others (or for my own need to belong), and just scrap to create. To enjoy the process. To get some feelings out, keep my memories alive, leave something behind that was just me. Not to say that I won't play in Challenges, because I love them think that they are a great way to get the creative vibes going, but I need to realize that's it's not JUST about winning the OLW, or Scrapjack. Those come second, the creation comes first.
***
6. Ok, to veer off completely from that...I finished this silly, ridiculous mini thing last night and I thought I'd share it, what the heck.


The idea for the mini has been in my head for awhile, a mini that was dedicated to just my handwriting, since I hate it, but realized at the same time that I needed to document it. So I was eating Pringles one night, and I had the top in my hand, and it just hit me: make a circle mini with that thing! I had one bookring left, so I took a bunch of scraps, cut some circles by hand, created some journaling "prompts" for myself, and the mini was born. The prompts are on one side of the circle, and the journaling is on the back. Added a few little bits from my Stash, and there you have it. It's just foolishness mostly, but like I said, the main idea was to get my handwriting down.
***
7. I'm now working on a page for the Scrapjack Challenge, which I love, since I used to "pealift" people all the time over at 2Peas, so this works out great for me :) I also found the This is Me Challenge, which looks like a lot of fun, so I might try to play some of those. The OLW this time is NOW, which is super easy and I have a personal page brewing in my head, so I hope to get it out soon. So there's lots going on, I just need to remember to keep it real. Keep it for me.
***
8. I also printed off my fav 365s from the first 90 days, going to create a page about that at some point too, should be fun! It's so cool to see all the 365s together, I'm really glad that I'm sticking to this project, despite missing a few days, I think that I'll appreciate it in the future, and so will my kids when they see how their Mama looked in 2008. And, like I said, as soon as I can I'm going to start journaling for each shot, so the story will be revealed even more. Anyway, here are my latest ones, 2 were taken with my cell cam, but I figured it's a picture, so it should count, right?




Ok, well I'm out, hope to post some layouts this week! Have a great week everyone!


The Real Geneviève

1 comment:

Kara said...

Loved this, Genevieve. I'm taking that plunge to blog from the heart. It's super freeing. Kept nodding along with everything in this.