Saturday, December 30, 2006

"Bien Dans Rien, C'est Ca l'Amour"

That quote has been in my head alot lately, ever since I saw it on 2Peas (scrapbooking website...I know, I'm a square). Anyway, there's no real way to properly translate it, but it basically means "Happy Together with Nothing, That is what Love is." I dunno, I suppose that you could say that it describes Dan and I, not so much in we have nothing (I mean, we do have nothing, but we're still very fortunate compared to alot of people), but that we're happy together despite DOING nothing.

I mean it, we don't do anything! Sometimes I think that it's ok, and I am generally happy that way, but then sometimes I think that we're heading for a very boring rut (and marriage) if we keep it up. I know that he is content doing nothing all the time, it's just his personality, but I tend to get a bit stir crazy (hence the travelling and the random moving decsions), so I suppose we'll have to work on that. Throw in a bit of excitement, because right now we have none. Like last night, we went to bed at 9:00pm! And most nights I come home from work, we sit on the couch and we watch TV, or worse, I watch TV and he plays on the computer, so we're not even doing anything together...I know it's fine, we're fine, I just think of that quote and how it describes us, happy together doing nothing, this is our Love.

Hmm, let's see, other than that not much to say. I was talking to someone I went to high school with today, she is living out West with her husband and she was telling me about how she is moving back home. They have a 10 minth old son and they want him to be close to their families so they are selling their house and moving back here to buy another one. I'm very happy for them, but it kinda makes me envious. Here they are, same age as Dan and I, and they seem to have everything put together ....they both have careers, (he's a welder, she was an accountant before having her son), they have a house, a car, a child, a dog, they are all set. I just think of their situation and I realize how far Dan and I still have to go...I know we've only been married 3 months, but we've been together 3 1/2 years, and we have nothing figured out yet...neither one of us has a career, who knows when we'll have that, and without that you can't really move on to the others (I suppose you can, but you know what I mean) Part of it is because they didn't go to University, and that just reminds me of how much of a waste of time Uinversity was (I'll have to go on a rant about that sometime, I am dead ser against University, I friggin hate it....anyway) I dunno, I get envious of people easily, it's a bad habit. I know one day we'll be there, I just wish it were sooner, I feel like we've been 'in transition' for long enough now, it's always 'well once we are done this or that', or 'wait until next year', but nothing is happening...I'm being whiny though, I should stop and just be happy with what I have (an overpriced apartment in a stinky building, a temporary job that has nothing to do with my degree, and a car that keeps breaking down, haha)

I told Dan to blog, hopefully he listens to me. I suppose that's all for now, until the next bout of boredom, ciao todos.

PS-I got an email from my friend Jelena in Italy, she said that she is getting promoted (she works for an Italian shoe company and gets to travel to 'shoe fairs' all over Europe, another envious lifestyle!), so she can't take a vacation in February and meet me in London, like we were tentatively planning. It's ok, I probably couldn't of afforded it anyway, but still, my travelling itch is getting bigger, I need to go somewhere soon!

1 comment:

Selena said...

Hey girl,

I toldly understand where you care coming from, I feel the same way about a lot of things. Tom and I have been together for 8yrs and it still feeling like we are far behind everyone else, even people that are younger than us. Tom and I are no spring chickens anymore which worries me. I have trouble getting work down here in CA, half the time tom in on the computer and I am in the living room, we don't have a house and won't for many years too come, we have no friends down here, we don't do anything, we like you have very high rent but low for our area(so how are we going to save money to move back home). But yes I have to remind myself that we have a lot to be thankful for. We have each other and our love. So just to let you know you aren't alone :)