Friday, October 8, 2010

Full speed ahead.

(Photo from this past weekend in McAdam...love his expression, he was having so much fun with  his cousins' many toys!)

Ok, usually I don't like it when people come on their blogs just to say how busy they are and that they will blog later, but I'm totally one of those people right now!  Fall is kicking my butt this year, I feel like the days are just flying by and sometimes I don't even get to leave the house and barely get dressed.  Of course having a 7-month old will do that to you, but still, I know that in a blink my favourite season is going to be over and I'll have wondered what I did to enjoy it.  Gah.  Anyway, between 8-9 photoshoots, editing, working on a new project (hoping to reveal in December), babysitting, teething, immunizations, visits, walks and just life in general, I don't seem to have time to get into anything crafty or creative (besides above mentioned shoots, but personally creative).  The nights come and all I want to do is veg out on the couch for a few shows, and then hit the hay!

A few things happening around here lately:

-Still waiting for my 6th niece or nephew to be born down in California...hopefully any day now!

-Victor is growing like crazy! He's now got the crawling thing down, is enjoying standing more, has his 2 bottom teeth and seems to be getting older and more active by the day (as I was typing this I noticed him trying to eat a candle I had in an old flower pot in the dining room...complete with old topsoil all over his face).  He's also a Cheerios addict (which very helpful for mama!)

-Dan's been working a lot of hours (nearing 50 a week), so that means I've had to be home alone longer with Victor which is sometimes hard, but I try to be patient about it. He seems to like his job so far though, so that's a good thing.

-I've also been trying to make 'real' suppers on most nights for us, having a vegetarian night, a new recipe night, a leftover night, a soup/stew/casserole night and an easy night (the weekends are a free for all). I've been enjoying doing the cooking for the most part (dishes are another story...)

-I'm heading to Halifax in a few weeks for a long overdue follow-up with the cardiologist/visit to the office, and it's going to be a bit sad because it's going to be the last time I'll be there for the foreseeable future (which means saying 'goodbye' to my friends and co-workers there.)

-This weekend is Thanksgiving but I'm not sure what our plans are, it barely crossed my mind that it was Thanksgiving! (Same goes with Halloween, usually by now I'd be in full out spook mode, but this year I'm barely acknowledging its presence.)

-I'm trying to make weekly to do lists with non-everyday things that I need to do, but I'm so freakin' scattered that it's hard to get anything crossed off (I'm going to start using a timer on the computer, a la Pomodoro technique, so hopefully that will help.  This post about being busy sums me up perfectly. Also, I need to GET OFF THE FREAKIN' COMPUTER.)

Ok well I won't get into more than that for now, like I said, it's been busy (but slow at the same time) around here, I'm not sure how that's possible.  Regardless, I think that November will be less busy and hopefully the gray days and chilly nights with calm things down a bit.

I'll try to be back soon (but who am I kidding, it'll probably be another week before I get the chance to blog again...) Oh well, good intentions, right?

Are you finding this season really busy? I think September to January is crazy for most people.

Until later,
G.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm busy too, preparing my new online workshop (starting October 22 and still a lot of work to do, eeeckkk!) I guess everyone is in full speed mode right now... hope you find SOME time to enjoy the season! Have a happy thanksgiving!

lydia. said...

i'm quite certain your little baby is the cutest thing on the planet. :)

Stephie C said...

YES busy!!!! And awww Lainey has her bottom two teeth as well :)