Friday, December 31, 2010

Victor's Loot

I know we said we weren't going to go crazy with presents for Victor this year since it was his first Christmas and he didn't really understand the concept, but man, did he ever get a lot of presents!  Dan and I actually just bought him three gifts, but 2 sets of loving grandparents and a few aunts and uncles later, he ended up with quite a few new toys, which is nice I suppose since all of his toys right now are hand-me-downs (not that he knows the difference!)

Anyway, here are a few of the things he got.  I didn't save any links, if you're wondering about a particular toy just let me know...  

My mom got him a Leapfrog magnet set, since he loves pulling magnets off of the fridge these days...

"Where's the bone?" fabric book, from Dan.  He doesn't like this one too much yet, maybe when he's older.

Tupperware Shape-O-Toy, from me.

This isn't a toy, but since he's been waking up every night from being stuffed up, it was a welcome present (from my parents).

This was the 'big' one; a ride-on Buzz Lightyear toy from Grampie John.  So many buttons to push and play with, and it's the perfect size...this might be favourite of all (so far anyway!)

Grampie John also got him a Mega Bloks table, except it's Cars themed (I couldn't find a picture of it).

This is probably his second favourite right now, the Playskool pop up toy.  I remember having one of these as a kid and loving it, some things never go out of style :) (Same with the Shape-O-Toy, I remember having one when I was young too.)

This is probably MY favourite toy; a beautiful set of wooden blocks by Djeco, a French toymaker.  My sister-in-law Sarah got these for me, I LOVE them, they are so cute, natural, open-ended, and Victor will play with them for a long time (or so I hope, right now he just chews on them, ha!)

My parents also got Victor a ride-on toy, but this one is a bit different, since the seat splits open and Victor can walk with it (although he hasn't really mastered it yet).  He loves the buttons and lights on his head though :)

My mom didn't realize that I had also bought Victor a magnet set, so now he has 2, but it worked out since one set is at my mom's and one set is at home.  I bought him the farm set (the great thing about these magnet toys is that they are bilingual so I have them on the French setting.)

Matante Daphné got him another classic toy, a Mr. Potato Head.

Great Nan (Dan's nan) bought each Victor and Rowan a cute polka dot piggy bank, I love them!  Now we have somewhere to put all those spare pennies (future allowance/college fund, haha)

Since my parents don't have a highchair at their house and the Bumbo is too small, my dad bought Victor this jungle booster seat, which is really cute.  I'll probably get a similar one for home since I'm tired of having the high chair in the kitchen.

Wow!  See, a little bit spoiled, don't you think?  He also got some things not pictured here, including a few Christmas tree ornaments (I'm thinking about starting a tradition of giving Victor an ornament every year until he moves out, then he can take them all with him to set up a tree with his future wife someday...cute, eh?), some clothes, books, and other randoms.

As for Dan and I, we got the usual (PJs, chocolates, undies, scratch tickets, socks, magazines).  Dan got a new lunchbox and work boots, and I got some new kitchen stuff, which I needed and appreciate.  We're getting to the point where we really don't need or want much at Christmas so I'm trying to make it not about the gifts, but with a kid now I don't think that's going to be completely avoidable.

What did you get for Christmas?  Santa didn't bring me my Canon L-lens or 5D Mark II, maybe next year :S

Be back soon with some more end-of-year schtuff.

Until then,
G.

1 comment:

Stephie C said...

Aww great stuff! Too funny our leapfrog toys here are always english or spanish never french! Pretty neat as never really thought they would be different elsewhere!

That is one cute piggy love it!