Monday, January 5, 2009

On a roll in '09 (so far...)

For some reason, I was on a scrappin' streak last week, I created three 12X12 layouts in 3 days! Now for me that's really unusual, but all the new goodies my mom gave me for Christmas inspired me I guess. The other nice part? I scrapped pics I've had lying around for awhile, which is always nice to get them scrapped so that I can go get some more printed!

The other thing that really helped me get these layouts started was the awesome Pencillines site and their sketches. Now, I used to use sketches and "scraplift" people all the time, to the point where I couldn't create a layout without them (addicted to them, if you will), so I decided to stop using them last year, and it worked out fine, but now I think I can use them occasionally for a little boost, and these were so fun to do!

Based on Sketch # 85

Based on Sketch # 74

Based on Sketch # 38

Used lots of BG Offbeat, the new Inkadinkadoo bird stamps, and K&Coi Wild Saffron, all presents from my mom (merci!) Sorry for the terrible pics, I'm really hoping to get my stitch program back so that I can scan my 12X12 pages because so far I haven't been able to figure out how to photograph them well (any tips would be great!)

On New Years's Day there was a crazy wicked blizzard, so Dan and I decided to hole up and have a pyjama day...well, pyjama for me, thermal underwear for him. We took a little family portrait:

Shimi isn't too interested, but oh well, that's our fam as it stands in '09.

I have the day off today, thank goodness, so I'm going to see if I can work on some stuff for our shop (we're working on a blog and getting a new look, and having a shop update, all within the next few weeks, so check back soon!) Heather's been knitting her little fingers off, and I'm hoping to make (or, well, put together) a few things for the shop as well, so it's all very exciting! We took a break over Christmas, but now we're back and ready to go!

Oooh, other excitement, I think that we are getting a new loveseat for our living room and I'm getting a new camera lens!! (my Christmas present to myself) I can't wait, it's the Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. I'm so excited! I really need a nice portrait lens (going to be doing more shoots with Heather and doing a low-key wedding at the end of the month, I love portraits and landscapes, those are my favs...) and from what I hear, this one is amazing (for a prime lens anyway, that's my only trepidation, I'm used to having a zoom, but oh well, my other lens has zoom...) I was debating whether to just get the f/1.8 (which is about 1/3 of the price and a model down), but from what I've researched the extra money is worth it, I would either grow out of or break the f/1.8 while as with the f/1.4, I'll be happy with it for a long time. Sooooo, yes, happy happy me!

That's all for today. It's been a pretty good start to 09 so far, let's hope it keeps up!

Happy Monday everyone!
G.

No comments: