Thursday, February 5, 2009

Haven't Blogged in over a week!

For me that is crazy! I'm usually pretty good about blogging at least once a week, most of the time 2 or 3 times...there's nothing worse than reading/following a blogger who posts fairly consistently and then just all of a sudden stops, that really irritates me. Not that I expect people to blog everyday or be entertainment to me, it's more just that I miss them! Weird how the online world works that way, we are interested in people we have never met...and while I'm on the subject, there is also nothing worse than people who come on their blogs and whine about "missing blogging" and saying that they "want to blog more", but then never do, the only time they come back to blog is to say that they want to blog more...ugh!! If you want to blog more, then BLOG MORE. It's not hard, it's just a habit, people can fall out of it and people can fall back into it, simple as that. Sorry for the rant, just something I've noticed lately. Moving on...

Well, I'll try to keep this short since I don't have any pictures to post (yet.) Last week I had a 4 day weekend and it was sooo nice, I really needed it, I was burnt out at work for sure. Needed to escape my cube...so I went to Sussex during that time and it just reinforced how much I want to go back there for good. To live a nice, simpler life close to my family (and fur family), get outside more and just live quietly. Not that life here in the city isn't like that, I'm sure once I move home and start working and living day to day it wouldn't be the same as it is when I go visit, but still, I feel like I would generally feel better being HOME. And it really didn't help that I found possibly the house of my dreams in Sussex...it's just like what I pictured, old, full of character and right in the neighbourhood I wanted too! And it's fairly inexpensive, which makes it all the more tempting. Wanna see a pic? I'm sure you do :) You can see it here on MLS, and here's a picture of the front, it doesn't really do it justice, but trust me, it's a cute house!

So I think that Dan and I are going to ask our bank about mortgages, just to find out what type of things we would have to do in order to get one in the not-too-distant future. Dan has said that he's not quite ready to leave Halifax yet, and we still have some saving to do, which means working at our current jobs (which pay far more than what we would make in Sussex), so this house might slip away from us, but knowing that houses like this are out there is reassuring. I can soooo see me living there though!

While in Sussex I took pictures at my friend Sara's sister-in-law's wedding. I was super nervous and I can't say that I'm super thrilled with what I came up with, but I worked with the circumstances I had (it was an evening wedding and we had no time for outdoor shots, so they were all mostly taken inside a dark-ish church), but I said that I would aim for 60-75 good shots and I think that I got them (I have over 50 shots of the ceremony alone!). I'm still editing at the moment, but I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have most of them done and will be able to post some of them (after getting the bride's permission.)

Now, I have a question for any photographers out there who take shots of people: Do you ever find that before you actually go to a shoot, you are full of ideas and shots that you want to take and things that you want the people to do, but then once you get there and the people are in front of you, waiting for direction, you just kinda freeze up? I don't know what it is about me, even with Heather I get that way; we always come up with super cool ideas for shoots but then once we are out there she asks me what to do and I'm like "ugh...." and we don't end up doing half the things I picture in my head. Is it a personality thing? I'm kind of shy when it comes to telling people what to do at shoots, but at the same time I want them to do specific things and I get disappointed when they don't do them/the shots don't happen. Like for this wedding, I wanted to do all kinds of outdoor shots with her in the snow and really play up the winter-ness, but I was way too shy to ask her if she wanted to do them (it was also a matter of time, we only had about 30 mins for pics before we had to leave.) Does anyone else have this problem? How to you overcome being "bossy"? Is there a line between letting the shoot happen naturally (which in the end brings out the best shots) and giving directions on what to do? If you were being shot (that sounds funny, haha) would you rather have the photographer tell you what do you or just go with the flow?

Well I guess that's enough rambling for the moment. Before I go, check out this super fabric yumminess. I am making a blanket with my mom's help this year (one of my Goals for 09), so I went on Etsy and found these delicious Anna Maria Horner prints from this shop, aren't they just amazing?! I am ordering 8 1/2 yard pieces, which should be enough for a twin-sheet sized blanket made up of 6" squares...I'm so excited, I think that next time I go home we are going to start working on it, I'll be sure to update as it comes along! (Right now I'm making a pink/red one, but once this one is done I think I'm going to make a similar one in blues/greens...)

I love being domestic. In fact this weekend I plan on going on a bit of a cooking binge, making a few casseroles/soups for my lunches next week, now that I have no lunch buddy (sniff sniff.)
Three weeks from today she leaves! It's so surreal.

Have a great Thursday, I'll be back soon with layouts and pics hopefully (back to my normal blogging self...)

No comments: