Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yep, it's a day of love...



...and no, we aren't celebrating it. Dan really isn't into V-Day, and I can't blame him, it, like most other holidays, has been totally commercialized, and that is soooo not my husband, and I'm fine with that. He does nice things for me without any occasion, so that's good enough for me. Like these pretty pink and white carnations that he got me, they weren't for V-Day, he bought them for me last week without even realizing it was V-day the following week, he just thought of getting me flowers one day for no reason. I much prefer that over a card one day a year :) Plus, I got Dan to go to the mall with me today, so that was a gift in itself!

They are lasting forever!

Let's see, what else? Oh, the other day I got my fabric from Etsy for my blanket, I can't wait to go home and start making it with my mom! We are making a simple twin-sized sheet blanket with 6 inch squares, it's going to be so nice with all these bright patterns. Love love it.

Random picture of my husband. He gets better and better looking everyday, I swear. I'm too lucky sometimes.

And some random picture of me (365s) I finished Eclipse earlier this week, now I have nothing to read and it's bugging me. I'm going to borrow Breaking Dawn from my sister the next time I go home, I can't wait to see how this turns out (or does it not finish with the 4th one? Is she writing a 5th book? Twilight fans, do you know?)

Been feeling kind of down in the dumps lately, not sure why. Just super super bored I guess. My job was crazy boring this week, I couldn't get myself motivated to work on anything that wasn't needed right away, and so I wasted a lot of free time that I won't have in the next few months once the new Fiscal year starts...and at night I just wandered around the house, looking for something to do but never really wanting to do anything. I went to bed early alot. I don't know, I think it's just mid-winter blues, there's nothing coming up soon so I'm just cruising along, waiting for spring. But it's the weekend and I feel a bit better, a bit more inspired to do things, so that's good. I have Monday off too so I'm hoping to do some crafty things and work on some home decor projects, so we'll see how that goes. Other than that though, life is, you know, just life. Unless we go on a trip or I get pregnant, things are staying pretty much the same with us.

Me being melodramatic, ha. I love it sometimes though.

I'm working on a few pages right now, so I'll probably be back to post them later this weekend. I also finished editing the wedding pictures I took a few weeks ago, so I may post some of those, the bride was quite happy with them so that's the important part, it doesn't matter what I think. Up next, shooting little Judah's birthday party (he's 1 already, it's so hard to believe!) I may also do an outdoor shoot for a coworker, and perhaps a couples shoot with Sara and Dave, so I'm getting a lot of practice!

I hope everyone is having a nice day with your loved ones, whether or not you celebrate Valentine's Day.

<3

No comments: