Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A great weekend with a not so great event...


So I'm back from our weekend in Sussex and I must say, for the most part it was extremely lovely. The weather was sooo nice, on Saturday it was +30C! Which made it even more great because in Halifax it was cold and raining, so I'm glad we got out of there! Anyway, the weather was great, I finished my blanket, took pictures, had lobster, wore dresses, went to a dog party, bought some scrapping stuff, and relaxed a lot. I love being home.


1. Dresses: Let me state that I am NOT a dress person by nature. Most of the time it's too cold to really wear one and the whole underwear/shoes thing usually stops me from wearing them, but over the weekend I completely shocked myself by wearing dresses 3 DAYS IN A ROW! I wore a dress I've had for a long time to work on Friday, then on Saturday my sister gave me a dress (above) that she thrifted and didn't fit her, so I wore that (with a bra, though), and on Saturday I wore the dress that I bought the weekend before while thrifting (even though I had to wear pants underneath at some points because it was chillier.) So yeah, 3 days, 3 dresses, and I kinda liked it! If I lived in warmer climates I would definitely wear them more often.

2. Lobster: Our whole reason for going home was to have a lobster boil, something my dad has usually 2-3 times a year. He goes down to the shore somewhere and usually buys them right off the boat, 20 pounds or so, but this year he got them in Alma, Fundy Park, but they were still delicious. Though I still really feel bad for them when they are put into the boiling water, you can hear them screaming almost...but they are tasty! Of course Félix had to check them out before we cooked them:


3. Dog Party: On Sunday afternoon my sister invited some of her friends who own dogs out to Sussex Corner to have a "dog party". There isn't an official dog park in Sussex so my sister decided to try and start one herself. We went to an outdoor rink, and it was perfect because it was big and flat enough for the dogs to run around in, but they were enclosed so they couldn't get too far. About 5 dogs came out, and they all had a great time. My sister is having another "dog party" next Sunday, it may become a weekly thing, which is super fun. And the best part? This couple was walking by with their dog and asked if they could join us...we didn't see what kind of dog it was until they opened the fence, and we saw it was a Greyhound! I had never seen or been around one before so it was cool to see him up close, and he was suuuuuch a nice dog, makes me think of getting one someday. His name was Lincoln, isn't he cute?!


4. Blanket: I finally finished my blanket over the weekend and brought it home, and I love it! It's just what I had wanted, bright, patchwork, old school and totally not perfect :) I can't wait to get started on the next one, probably later this summer.


5. Kitty: The only bad thing about the weekend (and it was truly sad), was that my sister's cat, Grisou/Kitty, was hit by a car. They found him on the side of the road Saturday afternoon and he was pretty banged up, but they watched him all night and he seemed to get a little bit better. No bones were broken and he didn't appear to have any major bleeding, so they let him sleep and gave him water and he seems to be on the mend. Thank goodness though, I don't even want to think about what could of happened, poor Kitty. My sister and her husband love that cat so so much that it would have been devastating to them (the same as if Quincy were hit). The last I heard he was drinking YOPS (his favourite apparently) and had his eyes open much more, so I think that he's going to be ok. Still, it put a damper on the whole weekend, my sister and her husband didn't want to leave his side so they missed out on lobster and, except for the dog party and a few errands, they didn't leave him.


Get well soon Kitty!

6. Pictures: Because of the whole Kitty thing, I didn't get to do a photoshoot with Daphné like I would have wanted, which was ok, I understood, but I was still kind of disappointed, the weather was perfect for a shoot, but there will be plenty of other times for them later this summer. In the meantime I took some shots of flowers and other things, which was good practise for me, I still need lots of it!

(Shot in Manual, I really need to do this more...)

Well that's it for me. There's really not much going on this week with us, so I won't have much to say I doubt, but I did get some new Thickers and paper, I have a few pages on the go right now so hopefully I can show those later this week (if I can become a little bit productive, I've been so lazy lately!)

Until then, ciao!

Ps-Yesterday was exactly 2 MONTHS until Italy!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhh the quilt looks awesome!! loove those prints!

i hope your sisters kitty gets well!! sheesh thats way too sad!!

and you should definitely wear dresses more often :)

dani said...

Love love love the quilt. I really need to learn how to do that!!

:( about the kitty. That would just break my heart if it happened to one of mine!!

fresh lobster!! yum.

Aimee Ann said...

I am such a dork, I so haven't bought that CD yet, I need to just download it on I-Tunes then I don't even have to go anywhere! I have heard about five songs off it though and love each and every one!

Glad you had a great weekend, Lincoln is a beautiful dog. They're very sweet and very smart.

Anonymous said...

LOVE dresses!
LOVE your kilt!
HOPE it stops raining....
have a great weekend!