Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yay for October!!

This is my absolute favourite month, I love everything about it...beautiful leaves, chilly weather (it really hasn't been that cold here yet, and the leaves haven't begun to change dramatically, but I'm hoping that'll change soon), the colours, smells, food, holidays...what's not to love?! I can't wait and hope that it doesn't fly by too quickly.

(I also think part of the reason why I'm loving it so much is because I feel much better now than I did a month ago, the sickness is almost all gone and I'm way less tired, so yay to that as well!)

I'm reeeeeally itching to buy something off of Etsy lately, the last purchase I made was back in June, and that was the fabric for a blanket I haven't started :S There are so many wonderful things, and my eye is particluarly drawn to anything dark/Fall/Halloween-ish. Check out these beautes:


Halloween kit from Evalicious (she's got an awesome blog, have you seen it?)


Cool necklace from Untamed Menagerie

Love it...from this shop


Too adorable...from Sleeping King, but also sold on RVA

If I were to ever get married again or have any sort of renewal of our vows ceremony, I would wear something like this. Stunning. By Kate Towers.

My my, yes. Etsy=eye candy all day long.

So this month I am hoping to:
-Pick a pumpkin and some apples
-Compete a few Halloween packages for friends
-Make a spice cake from MS (Dan loved it last year and insists I make it again)
-Travel home for Thanksgiving at the camp
-Get started on my blankets
-Take lots of walks outside; one more out of town trip with Dan
-Go over my wardrobe and get ready for...eek...maternity clothes
-Watch at least 5 scary movies with Dan
-Participate in at least one Halloween-type activity
-Decorate my house
-Watch all my Halloween favourites, including It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Treehouse of Horrors (all 20 of them!), and Nightmare Before Christmas
-Wear my sweater dress with tights
-Find a pair of cute (flat heeled) boots
-Try to savour every second of this wonderful enchanting season.

Anyway, should be a fairly busy weekend for us here; I'm meeting up with my friend John (aka my Spain buddy) tonight, whom I haven't seen in over 2 years, it's crazy!

Tomorrow my mom and grand-mama are coming for the weekend (yay!). Hoping to do some sight-seeing, sewing and catching up with them, should be really fun! Then I have Monday off, so I'm going to try and catch up on some of my to-dos, can't wait!

Are you all looking forward to October as much as I am?

2 comments:

Ebbie said...

I love the month of October as well... there are so many wonderful and fun things to look forward to. I hope to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend. Have a feeling it's going to be super busy, but oh well :) Have a great weekend with your family. Looking forward to seeing some of your creations :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm a "October child" as well (born in this months - extra reason to love it!) Great eye candy stuff you found again in those Etsy shops! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!