Thursday, August 28, 2008

California Dreaming

Hello! Back from California, and I must say, I'm still a little tired. Still on California time, which is 4 hours behind our time here, which means that at midnight tonight, my body will say 'hey, wait, it's only 8pm, time to clean or watch tv!', but at 7am tomorrow morning it will say 'no, don't wake up, it's 3am you nut!'...oh well, in a few more days I should be fine. It was worth it.
Well, my trip was awesome. Busy and too short, but still awesome.

Highlights:
-Seeing Tom, Selena and adorable little Noah
-The beautiful California weather (85 most days inland, cooler on the Coast, sunny all the time)
-Going to San Francisco, riding the cable car, walking in Chinatown and seeing the GG bridge
-Playing 1860s-1920s type "arcade" games for 25 cents
-Trying lots of different American fast food chains (In-N-Out, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr's)
-Playing TONS of Skeeball (the best game ever, really!)
-Radiohead!!! Paranoid Android.
-Eating the BEST 2-pound burrito I've ever had
-Going to a Coney Island type Amusement Park/Boardwalk/Beach
-Riding 2 rollercoasters and screaming the whole time
-Placing my toes in the Pacific (for 2 seconds only, it was too cold!)
-Mini golf under the palm trees
-Sunday morning market and Dim Sum for brunch
-Swimming in a *heated* pool all afternoon
-Strolling in way-too-fancy-for-me malls
-Buying an AMAZING pair of jean trousers from H&M and killer Fall boots from DSW
-Sitting in the hottub with hubby, looking at the stars on our last night

I could go on, but those are the things I remember the most...

Lowlights:
-Not enough time...that is all.

Also, it was fun to travel with Dan, since we have never really taken a "real" trip together in the 5 years we have been together. We are quite different when it comes to travel and traveling, but I think that we made a good balance of things that he wanted to do and thing that I wanted to do. Also, he got a mandoline!!

So, although California wasn't a place I had thought of going to visit ever, I was really glad to have experienced it, and even though it's not for me as far as living there goes (I would miss the Fall too much), it was a really neat place. Hopefully we'll get to go again before Tom and Selena [maybe] move back home, when Noah is a bit older and we can do more. Thanks guys, the trip was super fun!

Here are a few of my fav pics from the trip (I actually didn't take that many, I was surprised, maybe a bit intimidated, I don't know.) There are lots more here





















Well, I guess I'll leave it at that before the post gets too long, I'll probably post more later tonight about non-Cali stuff, there's some randomness that needs to get out of my head...

Until then, keep dreamin'.
G.

No comments: