Saturday, April 5, 2008

10:15 on a Saturday night, and the tap drips under the streetlight...


The beginnings of my friend Heather's blanket...can't wait to see it complete! I'm so jealous, I wish I knew how to knit or crochet, but I just don't have the mind for it I guess...

-My yesterday (day off!) was as relaxing as I had imagined it would be...got up at 9:30, didn't do much at all, went to the library and got groceries with Dan, then came home and chilled out, did nothing, just like I wanted...and this morning when I woke up and realized it was only Saturday and not Sunday, meaning I had 2 more days off, I was so happy! I gotta take time off more often :)

-I got an awesome book at the library called "Flea Market Style" (see pic)....man, I want to go to a flea market now and decorate my house with all the awesome finds! So many cool pictures and inspirations in this book, I read it cover to cover basically (rare for me.) I can't wait to move, I'm definitely going to incorporate some of their ideas (I already bought a cool plate I found at VV this afternoon, I'm going for the mismatched set now.) Luckily my hometown has a HUGE Flea Market every summer (biggest in the Maritimes I think), so this year I'm totally going to dig deeper than usual to find some awesome goodies for my new home :) Can't wait!



-[Related to above point] Today Heather and I went and did a bit of furniture hunting...she saw this awesome chair on Kijiji for 5$, so we drive 30 mins out of town to get it, but it was worth it, what a deal! Then we hit up the 2 Value Villages in the city, and she managed to snatch another awesome chair for 25$....they are both kinda retro shapes, and she's going to refinish them and re-upholster them. I'm a bit envious, but I'm sure I'll get some cool stuff soon enough.



-I think that tomorrow I'm going to scan in some of my mini pages, just to show that I have been scrapping a bit, lol...I feel so lazy, every time I sit down in front of a page, I just want to stand up and leave the table, but I forced myself to do 2 more I love Art pages, so I'm nearly done that, and then I'll have to move on to some 12X12, it's the only way I'll get back into it.

-Tomorrow is supposed to be nice out, so I hope to go outside and take some pics, because I am feeling very limited in what I can do in this old, white box of an apartment I live in...I need some fields, some air, some streets, some water, some sky, trees, flowers, grass, rain, mist...anything!

That is all.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I have this insane dream to wake up some morning with a coffe and a gray scarf(why? I do not know) and go fleaing. It sounds like fun. Your blog is so lovely.