Friday, April 11, 2008

I did it! (Kinda)



Here is my first scrapbook page in nearly a month! The last time I did one I was home for Easter, and since then, I just couldn't seem to get anything out on paper (literally.) I had pics, a great new kit, everything in place, but it just wasn't workin'...then last night as I was trying to force myself to scrap a childhood photo (and wasn't able to), I came across this pic laying on an old old piece of "no-name" paper I got a loooong time ago...I had laid it out over a month ago to do (this is how I get my pages ready to scrap: I pick my pic, then find the main background paper, and maybe a few other papers to go with it, then I lay them out. I pile up about 3 or 4 of these at a time so I can always go back and pick one up, add embellies, choose the topic I want to scrap, and voila, done.) Anyway, I saw this at the bottom of my 4-5 layout pile, and it just came to me...ok, scrap this. So I did. It's not superb or anything, nice and crowded and bright, which I like, but mostly I'm just glad I actually scrapped.

Other than that, not too much new from me, glad it's Friday and another week is over! Oh, I found out today that my little nephew was finally born, Hayden David Flynn (love the name!) at 4:40pm yesterday after being 2 weeks late, 8 pounds 4 ounces, all doing well. So that's cute, more babies in my life!

Hmm, what else? Oh, I'm drooling over these kits, and this is so cute, I want to buy it for my future kid's rooms! (sad I know.)

I'm also contemplating selling something on Etsy...not sure if I will attempt it or not, but I'll keep you all posted if I go for it ;) And finally, I'm going to see my friend and her baby in the Valley tomorrow, excited about that, will try and take some pictures of the babe, problem is that it's going to rain, so no outside photos, which is a bummer...oh well, that's Spring I guess.

I really want to watch Pan's Labyrinth again, it's sooo good! Has anyone seen it? It's amazing, check it out if you haven't, it's so fantastical and dark and eerie and violently beautiful. Definite my kind of movie (plus it's Spanish, so gotta love that.)

My 365 for today:



K, 'nough jabbering, ciao a todos!

1 comment:

Kate O'Brien said...

ok that shot is RAD! love it. and love the layout too. great stuff in your post! have a fabulous weekend.