Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy busy bee...


that is me. The last couple of weeks have been nuts, so much has been going on with work and with life, with moving and all that, I haven't had a chance to get back into my regular routine (including blogging)...hope to get back into it all in June, after everything is settled again....c'est la vie I guess.

Well, first off, my trip to Toronto last week was AMAZING, I think I'm going to save the deets on that for another post, but for now, just wanted to show some photos of some lovelies that I got while in the big city...

LOVE this bag I got some H&M. So bright, so big, so fun, so perfect for summer :)



This paper is just gorgeous, I love the vintage feel of it so much. I framed it for now (pretty big, about 30" by 40"), but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet, I might have to cut into it a teeny bit, but it's definitely going up in my soon-to-be scrapspace. We were lucky enough to go to some awesome paper stores on Queen St West, I was in heaven, for reals. So much pretty paper and stationary and journals and cards and cute postcards, like this one...



I'm going to frame it and put it somewhere near my laundry room :)

I also got some clothes from H&M (love that place!), found some awesome skinny jeans at Value Village for 10$, a cool folder for work that I forgot to take a pic of, and I got Dan some cute undies :) That's it for my shopping adventure, but it was definitely more than my usual!

Other than that, things are going really well. Like I said, work is nutso, like seriously crazy sometimes, I wonder if I can keep up, been putting in some extra hours to keep afloat, but it's all good, I enjoy it, so it's ok :)

Heading home this weekend for my dad's lobster boil, which should be fun, and delicious...Dan's dad is joining us this year, which should be fun, ours dads can really tell some stories when they are together...happy to be with the fam though, and out at the camp and in nature.

We are moving in 10 days, we signed the lease tonight, so that's exciting for sure, but it's also daunting to think of getting all our stuff packed up. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to move it, that is for sure. I'm super psyched though to have our own place again, I can't wait to decorate and set up our new home for what will be at least 3 years (we hope anyway.)

So yeah, work, move, Dan, LOST, Flickr, life!

(Oh yeah, now that Dan is getting paid at work and the $$s aren't so tight, I think I want to subscribe to a kit club for 3 months, but I'm wondering which one would be best...I'm thinking The Dozens, Sweet Spuds or Red Velvet Kit Club ...any recommendations? There's also Scarlett Lime, Cocoa Daisy, so many great kits...my hunch is The Dozens, but we'll see.)

Finally, here's a quick Art Journal page I made tonight, I felt like I needed to create SOMETHING, it's been a really long time since I've done anything (life got in the way of art, unfortunately), so it felt really good to get my hands dirty (literally in paint!) again. Took Kate's idea to stamp directly over wet paint, it came out pretty cool, I'll definitely be pulling out my paints more often I think. Love Kara's idea to paint over old book pages and scrap on those, with the text peeking through, gotta try that sometime too. Hoping to scrap some more next week, going to attempt the OLW (for real this time!), and get some more work done on my minis.


And, as always, here's some 365s (missed a day while in TO, but so far only 2 days missing out of 50!)

Favourite picture from the trip by far...

Me the day I got home, realizing how much packing and work I have to do...


Bag <3

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Much love,
G
xox

1 comment:

Kara said...

That yellow bag is amazing! Love it to death. That art journal page is crazy-awesome. Awesome.