Thursday, September 11, 2008

Idea Log [aka Mini post #2]

So, I want to get rid of my big, bulky 90s-ish entertainment centre (no offense Mama and Dave!) and get something smaller, sleeker and less...well TV-oriented. Something that looks like it's meant for something else, but just so happens to hold a TV at the same time (I also want to get rid of our huge TV in favour of a smaller flat screen, but that's another story...). So anyway, was checking out IKEA online (oh why can't they have a store on the East Coast?!) and found these that might do the trick...




All very different styles, but all the same basic idea. Since we just painted the kitchen I'm going to hold off on doing any major shopping/decorating for a bit, but in the up coming future I'm hoping to get the living room finished (meaning getting a chair/loveseat, some end tables and lamps, art for the walls and hopefully a new entertaiment centre...oh and some floating shelves...) I can see why they say Rome wasn't built in a day, it's going to take me years before I get this house the way I want it!

And that's the way I want it :)

1 comment:

Mandi Johnson said...

I sooo know what you mean. I have to drive a couple hours to get to the nearest Ikea. It's a trip we make about once a year. :)