Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vampire Love...[aka Mini post #3]

So I just finished reading the 2nd book in the "Twilight" series [aka the vampire love story]...I had never heard about these until I saw something on a Sunday morning show about the 4th book that came out back in August. They said it was the next Harry Potter [a bandwagon I never jumped on] and that it was about vampires and a teenage love story....I thought 'hey, I could get into that'.

See, I'm not much of a reader. I try to be, and sometimes I can get into it, but honestly, I think that I've lost too much of my attention span to be able to read like I used to. I can't focus for long periods of time, making it hard to read anything that I can't put down and pick up a million times. Sad, but that's the truth. I blame University. So there.

Anyway, so I went to loan the 1st book from my library, and hello, the waiting list was like 100 pages long, so I just decided to bite the bullet and buy the paperback for 12$. And I must say, I'm glad I did.

Sure, it's juvenile. It's melodramatic. It's teenagerish. It's filled with Dawson Creek-est vocabulary sometimes. But man, what a good, brings-me-back-to-being-17 love story! And the whole vampire thing is really right up my alley...I finished Twilight in a few weeks.

New Moon (the 2nd book) wasn't as good, I must say, but it was still good enough to hold my interest and even the werewolf thing didn't lose me. So, I am planning on getting the 3rd book this week and hopefully it will be better. It's a good end-of summer read.

Vampire Love. It's a good thing.

No comments: