Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oh my word...

...I scrapped. It's a friggin' miracle. And, even more, it's a 12X12! And, gasp, I used a REALLY hard sheet of BG patterned paper that I would have otherwise never been able to use. But I've decided during my weeks long hiatus that I'm not going to be so hard on myself when I scrap, I'm not going to compare myself to the girls I so admire, I'm not going to worry about technique or which products I'm using or if everything looks exactly perfect, I'm just going to sit down, scrap what I can manage and be happy about it. And you know what? It worked.

I have a bunch of pictures from my sister's wedding, and since her colours were pink, black and white, most of my pages will have those colours and nothing else. I also decided to play in the the OLW challenge, which was "Love". Easy peazy.

[Story behind the journaling: My sister decided to make cupcakes for her wedding instead of a traditional cake, so she spent hours making around 80 cupcakes, and I helped her ice them all. Then, when the wedding day came, we brough them over to the site and stored them somewhere to keep cool, since it was August, and then with the hussle bussle of the wedding and meal, everyone completely forgot about them. By the time they remembered, everyone had gotten up from their tables and were scattered all over, making it impossible to eat them. So, all those cupcakes went to waste. So sad, but true. Also, so Daphné.]

Supplies: B&G & Love Elsie, Sassafrass flower, MM letter stickers, office label, Hello Kitty sticker, Wal Mart ribbon trim, K&Co die cut shapes, Hambly overlay.

Thanks for looking! Hopefully there will be more to come soon! :)
G.

1 comment:

dani said...

"I'm not going to be so hard on myself when I scrap"

ohhhh yeah, that's the best way to think! you rock! and I love the layout, I used to have that paper and I was not brave enough to use it, kudos to you!

danijohnston.typepad.com