Friday, November 14, 2008

Ok, it's all over, I can't fight it anymore...

I want to get into Christmas, and get into it BAD!

Rachel was posting such lovely Christmas photos from Country Living magazine on her blog this week, that I had to check it out for myself, and oh.my.word. What pretties. I can't wait until next week when I can officially start getting into Christmas decorating and crafting (I promised my husband I would wait until the 21st, for his own sanity...grinch!) There are so many things I would like to make and do this year, I really don't know if I'll have time for it all! All I know is that I'm going to need alot of pinecones. And spray paint. And pine boughs. And silver glitter. And Christmas balls (preferably vintage.) And old frames. And greenery. And hand made garlands. And berries. And ribbon. I guess that when it comes to Christmas, I prefer a more traditional/country approach. I like to keep Christmas close to nature, family and nostalgia, so to me that means country. And it's beautiful :)








Be still my heart.

So, I took a pledge that I saw on this cool chick's blog, and I really hope that I can do it:

I am planning on making and/or buying handmade for most of my presents this year, I really want to keep it simple, and try not to focus on the gifts so much, but focus more on the family time, the food, being outside and just relaxing. Not to say that it won't be crazy busy leading up to Christmas, but I enjoy that anyway, and it'll all be worth it I think to have a special, magical time :)

Has anyone started listening to Christmas music yet? I've listened to one song, once, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold off...I love it too much!! (Favourite Christmas album?: The Carpenters Christmas...absolutely perfect.)

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Selena said...

Why hold back. I been watching Christmas movies for months now and working on Christmas yr round. I just have to wait till Dec first to put up the tree and stuff. But beside that I am in full swing!!! Hope you have a good trip home.