Friday, December 5, 2008

Garlands + Pics = Good Friday

I left work early today and came home to take some pics in the park across from my street in the last little bit of daylight. It was so nice, I had the place to myself and I had my tunes, but that's definitely one thing I miss about summer/warmer times, is the abundance of sunlight...this shot came out blurry, but I loved it anyway :)

First of all, I just wanted to mention that Heather and I are going to be doing a little update to the shop tomorrow, so be sure to check in, we have some new goodies, and one item in particular that I LOVE LOVE and wish I could keep for myself, Heather really outdid herself :) So be sure to check it out and come sit at our table!

Ok, so, on to other business...like showing off my latest project, a felt star garland I made in a few hours the other night...not sure where the idea came from exactly, I've been seeing alot of felt and Christmas decorations lately, so I guess I just decided to try and make one myself. So I free hand cut some stars from a piece of felt I had leftover from when I made Yoshimi's Pink Robot (completely dead now, btw), and I strung the stars together with embroidery thread, and on the thread I added bits of whatever I had around; buttons, beads, Christmas paper, lace, brads, anything that seemed to work. I made it about 4-5 feet long, and it just so happened top fit perfectly on my kitchen window, so there it hangs :) I think that I'm going to add something around the windowsill and frame, it's looking a little empty right now, but the garland is definitely cu-ute.


Sorry for the terrible pic, I can't really take pics of it during the day...see more pics on my Flickr.

So tonight I'm going to be working on a tinsel wreath and hopefully making some Christmas cards. Tomorrow Heather and I are going to be doing a little shop work, and then taking a walk to a local hand-made holiday craft fair, should be fun, even though it's supposed to be really cold! Other than that I am going to rest rest rest. This week has been quite tiring for some reason so I'm not going to beat myself up if I sleep in a bit, or take a nap, just take it easy really. Well that's all for now, will be back with some pics of the wreath and cards I hope! Hope you all have a great weekend!

G.

365 from today, I look forlorn but really I was quite happy, I just like how the shot came out, it's cold and wintry.

No comments: