Monday, December 29, 2008

More goals for 09

Ok, so after reading my goals for 09 post, I realized that there were tons of other little things that I wanted to include but didn't for some reason. So, in no particular order, here are some more goals for myself (I have way too many, I know, as always, but I love list making!!)

1. Stop and take the picture: This is something that I really want to start doing, because I can't count the number of times this year when I was driving along, or walking along, whatever, and I happen to see something beautiful and I think "I should take a picture of that", but for some reason, I never ever stop and actually take it, even though my camera is usually sitting right there. I always make up some sort of excuse, like if I'm driving in the car and I see something beautiful on the side of the highway (happens the most I think), I'll think that I can't stop because it's dangerous, or inconvenient, or Dan is with me, or I think that the shots won't come out (which is possible, but I'll never know if I don't try.) I always come up with an excuse, but I always, ALWAYS regret it. So, from now on, I need to bring my camera with me when I go out more, and I need to stop and take the picture. No matter what. This also goes for photoshoots. I need to do more of them. Either by myself or with my willing model, Heather. I have ideas, I just need to make them come to life. No excuses, no laziness, no worrying about what others will think, just make it happen!

2. Make a blanket/quilt: I've been wanting to do this for a few years now, but not having a sewing machine has made it near impossible. But I think that I'm going to start one anyway, and if I can only work on it when I'm at my mom's house, then that's fine, even if it takes me all year I just want to make one. I may even hand sew some of it at home, who knows. So, if anyone knows of a good tutorial for making a square patch blanket, that would be great :)

3. Pretty-up my cube: I spend about 40 hours a week in this grey, gross little government cube, so I might as well make it pretty. I think that I may order some bright prints from a few shops on etsy, get some nice white (and light) frames and hang them up, get some more pictures up, use some pretty file folders (perhaps crafted by yours truly), maybe get some fake-but-real-looking flowers (I am nowhere near a window), stash away the unecessary work stuff and add a few little touches. It's hard keeping it personal yet professional, but I think I can manage, there's lots of inspo online for me! So many pretty offices, sigh...

4. Cook/bake more: I suck at cooking and baking. I'm just not into it, I don' t know why, but I also know I'd like to be. Maybe it's because I know I have to clean up afterwards, or because don't care what I eat most of the time, or I'm just not creative enough with it, but I know for sure that it's something I should get used to and learn to enjoy. Someday one of my main jobs will be to cook meals for my family (right now it's Dan's job, but when we have kids it'll be mine), so I need to learn to make things that are healthy but that we all enjoy (a challenge for anyone, I know.) My sister is really starting to get into cooking and watching her this weekend really made me think that I could enjoy it too. So maybe I'll start with once-a-week suppers, or I'll try new recipes for my work lunches. I don' t know, all I can say is that I want to get domestic, and get it real bad, ha.

Well that's all I can think of for now, my brain is too mushy from doing Archives (imagine the most monotonous job ever, and then imagine filing on top of it and you have my to-so list for the week.)

Off I go, pics and recap from Christmas to come soon!!

No comments: