Wednesday, November 25, 2009

December Daily

Well, here it is, my first ever December Daily album. I saw this, of course, on Ali Edward's blog back in October and decided immediately that I wanted to make one. Last year I had done a mini about Christmas memories from my childhood, but I wanted to capture something about this year, the daily preparation of getting ready for Christmas, moving, baby, and everything else in between. It seemed like an appropriate year to capture.

When it comes to Christmas in general, I really tend to stick to more traditional things...some would even say 'country'. I just love the homey, nostalgic feeling of a beautiful green tree with ribbon and wooden ornaments and traditional colours. Not to say I don't appreciate the more modern Christmas looks out there, I do, but when it comes to my own tree/home/decor, I tend to stick to a traditional Christmas (I'll post pics later this week showing what I mean.) This December Daily book is no different. I used pretty traditional colours and looks, though it's not 'them-ey' by any means (not a Santa or elf in sight!) I knew that a lot of my days wouldn't be necessarily Christmas-related, so I wanted to keep it fairly 'neutral', but still appear to be appropriate for Christmas, if that makes sense.

(Pardon the flash and dirty linoleum floor, there's not a lot of options when it gets dark at 4:30!)



Album details:
-6X6 chipboard album cover (it was originally 12X6 but I cut the sheets in half)
-Most of the pages are chipboard, with a few envelopes and vellum sheets tossed in as well.
-Mostly used BG, K&Co and random papers from my Stash. Also used some brown velour, green textured paper and silver sparkly paper.
-Embellies include MM clocks, random ribbons, bits, journaling cards, vellum pockets, some Thickers and a few buttons (again, kept it simple and inexpensive)
-Numbers are by Shabby Chic crafts, I love how they fit into the album! I had no idea if the colours would work but they did on almost every page :)

Well that's all for tonight. Will post more Christmas projects tomorrow (including that long overdue wreath), and maybe some more Christmas inspo on Friday if there's time. I'm heading home for a long weekend on Friday, I can't wait, it's going to be busy but sooo nice to get away and see friends/family.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americanos out there, enjoy the rest of your week!

Loves,
G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THat's a wonderful mini Genevieve!!! LOVE the simple, clear pages and the colours and yes, the numbers fit on every page! Have fun filling it with - I hope - happy thoughts and beautiful memories!