Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Scrappy Vault-Volume 3

Only on Volume 3 and I'm behind already! Sheesh...anyway, here we go, another dive into the scrap vault...(I'll try to get Volume 4 up tonight, but we'll see.)

Photobucket

Title: "Better with age"

Layout date:
July 2007

Supplies used:
Lots of ephemera-type papers, Dollarama stickers, primas, brads, label from M's, letter stickers, wedding rub-on, letter rub-ons, random ribbons

Techniques used:
N/A

What I like about the layout: The thing I like most about this layout (besides the picture of Dan, which is one of my favourites of all time and will be the one I show our grandchildren to tell them how handsome their grand-papa was), is the way I layered everything but still left some white space. This page was originally done in an 8.5X11 sketch book, which I then ripped out and stuck to a piece of cardstock, but I really like the white background and use of colours, it all just "goes". It's a full page, but doesn't seem crowded, which my layouts often do.

What I remember most about making this layout:
This layout would have been made when Dan was away in Truro planting trees and before heading to Springhill for the year for school, so we were once again separated after being together for only 8 months (I'm seeing a theme here...) Anyway, the photo was taken at a family reunion we went to the month before and I knew immediately I wanted to scrap it. We also had just celebrated our 4 year anniversary, which brought on lots of feelings of "wow, time goes by" and all the general walking-down-memory-lane feelings I get when I realize how long I've been with this amazing guy. Instead of being mushy though, I decided to focus on his physical appearance, haha. Guess I was missing him.

Alright, short and sweet, I'm off to get ready for the day, which involves some experimental baking, wrapping presents, cleaning and catching up on my December mini hopefully! We're supposed to get a storm tonight, hopefully it won't be too bad, I'm so paranoid about walking outside these days!

Have a great Sunday,
G.


No comments: